21 febrero 2008

AMERICAN BEAUTY

Escrita por Alan Ball, dirigida por Sam Mendes. Quotes (from worst to best, although they're all amazing) from my favourite movie.

"RICKY :Have you ever known anybody who died?
JANE:No. Have you?
RICKY: No, but I did see this homeless woman who froze to death once. Just laying there on the sidewalk. She looked really sad.
I got that homeless woman on video.
JANE:Why would you film that?
RICKY:Because it was amazing.
JANE:What was amazing about it?
RICKY :When you see something like that, it's like God is looking right at you, just for a second. And if you're careful, you can look right back.
JANE:And what do you see?
RICKY: Beauty. "


"LESTER: I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...
...and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...
You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry...
You will someday. "


"RICKY:
It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing. And there's this electricity in the air,you can almost hear it, right? And this bag was just... dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me toplay with it. For fifteen minutes. That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things,and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid. Ever.
Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... I need to remember...Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it... and my heart is going to cave in."

No hay comentarios:

MUSIQUE ET POÉSIE